Timeline

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

JCC

Yesterday was Atti's first day at the JCC. I might have been a bit more excited if he was actually at the new facility - in the new classroom, with his teachers, and his classmates, etc. Instead, the J is waiting on some building permits (yada yada) and the new kids are stuck in the multi-purpose on the main campus. Granted, they're doing the best they can - but holy moly, it was a disorganized mess yesterday. The consultant lurking in me kept thinking - seriously people, there is a WAY better way to do this! I don't think I even would have known to go to the "old" location if I hadn't stopped by the main campus last week to drop off Atti's paperwork and vaccination records after his doctor's visit! But I digress... Greg and I do like most of the teachers that we've met, and the curriculum is fabulous, once they get a chance to execute, but for now - it's a mess. They lost Atti's nap mat and his lunch yesterday. Of course, it apparently wasn't a big deal because Monday is Pizza Monday and the kids get lunch included. No one told us this.... There were more frightening signs of disarray, but I don't feel like reliving them right now.

Atticus did great yesterday at drop off. He was so excited to see all the new toys, especially the play kitchen. I really think this kid's going to be a chef... He waved goodbye to me, no tears at all. Greg picked him up and said he was a little more subdued. Today, Greg did the drop off and I was in charge of pick up. There were a few more tears today at drop off - I think he figured out what was coming! But, his report card for the day said he had a rough morning, but did better in the afternoon after a nap. I think that the poor kid isn't used to staying awake all morning and his food schedule has been thrown all out of whack. He only ate half his lunch today, so by the time I picked him up at 515, the poor kiddo was STARVING! We got home, and he wolfed down some kiwi, raspberries, grapes, some yogurt bites, cheerios, etc all before we even thought about dinner. In that respect, he's definitely my kid -- when he's whining... feed him!

Overall, I think it will be a good experience for him. We just got to get the new routine in place...

I do have a few new pictures to upload. Hopefully I'll get to those tomorrow night. No more energy to do it tonight!

No comments: