Timeline

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jen Update

So... if you've spoken to me over the past week, you've heard me coughing up a lung so to speak. I really thought it was Cedar Fever. But... today, the cough started to feel a bit different. And, even after a dose of Robitussin (cleared with the OB) and some Halls drops - I was starting to scare the other patrons at the Starbucks down the street from Atticus's school. So, a quick Google search revealed an urgent care clinic about a mile up the road.

Short version - most likely bronchitis. My white blood cell count could be elevated from the pregnancy, but after listening to my wheezing, the doctor said - yep, you really need to start on something soon. I confirmed the prescriptions with the OB's nurse and then headed over to the local Walgreen's. Here's to hoping I start feeling better by tomorrow! I've started on a z-pack and an inhaler of some sort.

Now, if only I could get some sympathy from my husband - we'd be all set... after all, it's his child too that I'm trying not to cough up in a fit of wheezing and hacking!!

2 comments:

Laura Hadd said...

Hope you're on the mend soon. And tell Greg to be nice or his M-I-L will call him.

rhondadiane said...

you have sympathy from your husband's sister, is that close? (close but no cigar, huh?)
Hope you can rest and get to feeling better....