Timeline

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Comedy of Errors

Seriously. I must have done some bad things in a former life. Either that, or it's a full moon, or my stars aren't in Venus anymore -- something like that!

This morning, Atticus was coloring at his table while I was getting some clothes out of the dresser. He shouts very excitedly, "color" and I turn to see him with an orange crayon in hand making large robust strokes on the ivory colored suede ottoman that matches the glider rocker. I shout "NOOOOOOOO" and he drops the crayon and looks at me like, what??? (I still need to get that out...)

Greg and Atti leave for school and I start my work day. Nothing major occurred overnight - good sign. My stomach growls so I head to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal. I see something that catches my eye in Peanut's litter box. OMG - it's a roach the freaking size of Texas! Do I cover it? Do I spray it? Do I run screaming into the other room and hope it just disappears? The cup option sounded reasonable, but I didn't want to get that close to it -- and I don't think we have a cup big enough to cover the thing! Next thought - pretend you didn't see it... no, that won't work, I'd really freak out if I thought it was roaming in our bed or Atti's crib late at night. Ewwwwww. Third option, get the roach spray. But crud, if I spray it -- we'll have to replace all the litter and I don't have any more. And... we're using the expensive litter now. For pete's sake... So, I spray the roach hoping to contain the spray (and hence the litter removal) to one corner of the box. No such luck. It goes running around flipping out through the box. After I screamed like a girl for a few more moments, I sprayed some more. This sucker was going to be dead dead dead - especially if I was going to have to replace all the freaking litter!

One bonus to our current house is that it has pocket doors that seal off practically every room in the house. So - I've got the door to the kitchen closed off so Peanut can't go in there and over lunch, I'll head to HEB, get some more litter and give the kitty cat a new box.

Sigh...


No comments: