Timeline

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Potty Deconstructed

Well... we've got all the pieces to potty training, just not in the right order. Here's a run down of how tonight's events went:

1. Atti says "poop".
2. I ask if he needs to go and remind him that poop goes in the potty.
3. Atti runs off to the bathroom and returns to the living room carrying his potty.
4. I ask if he needs to go and he says "no".
5. Atti goes to the front door and looks out trying to see Dadu and proceeds to go poop (in the diaper).
6. I remind Atti that poop goes in the potty and that we need to take shorts off to sit on the big boy potty.
7. Atti removes shorts.
8. Atti reiterates that he's gone poop.
9. Atti sits on the potty and looks up at me with a pleased look on his face.
10. We saunter back into his room, I change his diaper and ask where the poop goes and he runs off to the bathroom to show me the "big potty".

I suppose I'll take the small victories... we're on our way I think. I'm trying the no/low pressure training at the moment. I figure he's got enough on his small plate with the upcoming move, a new school, a new sibling, etc -- I don't want to push him and scare him off!

No comments: