Timeline

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crud.

Yesterday as I picked up Atticus from daycare he didn't want to leave because he was busy playing with the play kitchen in the classroom. He loves the little kitchen. He used to love playing at Eleanora's house with her kitchen too. I mentioned to his teacher that I really need to look for a kitchen for him for the holidays.

Fast forward to 3 minutes ago when I log onto my Google homepage. There it is on kids.woot.com a freaking awesome retro red play kitchen for sale. It's $80 - so I flip over to the comments to see if it's a good deal and worth it. It looks like... I read through the comments - almost all positive. The kids love it, it's a good price, etc. I think - OK... it's a big purchase, but it's a gender neutral color and both kids will love it until we get up to Manhattan. I flip back over to the home page and the bloody thing has sold out.

Sigh. Is it Monday again? Am I living in an episode of Groundhog Day? I guess I'm off to scour Craigslist for a play kitchen. I'm sure it won't be as retro cool as the red one, or new... but maybe it'll be less than $80.

No comments: