Timeline

Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks

Not only did we get to see a great fireworks show from our master bedroom this year... I also learned that our family witnessed the largest display of fireworks in the US history to date! According to Wikipedia (because everything you read on the internet is true) the 2009 display in Manhattan was the largest fireworks show!

If you didn't know us then - or weren't following... Greg, Jen and Atticus (no Wren yet) spent the summer of 2009 in Manhattan while Greg was working for Cravath. I actually posted a back then about catching the show. Apparently I didn't write enough though! It was really cool -- and the fact that we were able to watch from Cravath made it even cooler. Indoors, up on the I don't even remember what floor... it was a great show.

But... I have to give some serious kudos to the local neighborhood here too. The Belmont County Club put on quite a display -- about 30 minutes long -- right here in the middle of the neighborhood! Hallelujah, the kids slept miraculously through the entire thing too!

I think next year Atticus will be ready for sparklers... we'll see. :)

No comments: