Timeline

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I don't know what to do.  We aren't travelling anywhere but we don't know very many folks yet here in NOLA.  I used to hate Thanksgiving to be honest.  Not the holiday itself but the events that always seem to happen during the extended 4 day weekend.  For a long time, I associated the holiday with funerals.  It wasn't pleasant.  But -- while out in California, Nicole and I decided to make a change -- and honestly since then, I really enjoy Thanksgiving.  I had an absolute blast the year we went to Disney Land.  Really.  That was fun.  I've had great memories since then as well with my family in Austin and last year having all of the Baden's out to our house in Ohio.  I think we pulled off a fantastic feast last year if I do say so myself.

So... what are we to do next week?  The fact that we don't have any plans is weighing on my mind.  Should I still make a full dinner for the four of us?  Should I try to find someone here whose family we can join?  Drive to Houston where we can hang out with our "closest" friends?  I don't know.

But, I'm already craving butternut squash, stuffing, turkey, green beans, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie!!

Hmmmm -- what to do, what to do.

1 comment:

Jeanne and Brad Wallace said...

we are driving to dallas in the morning...I loved Thanksgivings out in CA as well. Hey, I finally update my blog! :)