Timeline

Friday, August 17, 2012

Infuriating

This can go along with the earlier post about how nothing in this city works like it should... Atticus had a 9 am appointment this morning for his four year old vaccines.  At 9:20, I went to inquire as to why we were still sitting in the waiting room.  Someone went to go "check".  At 9:35, she comes back and says there was an administration error of sorts and even though the system showed us as checked in, the doctor had never actually ordered the shots.  I wrongly assumed that by 9:35 when she came to tell me this that they had discovered their error, spoken to the doctor and we would be taken back any moment (after the doctor signed the "orders").

At 9:45, I pretty much had steam coming out of my ears as I was trying to wrangle two kids in the waiting room while every other kid got called back.  Through gritted teeth let the receptionist know that I was NOT happy and could they please speed things along.  When the nurse opened the door to call back someone else, she looked at me and repeated what the first lady had said and apologized for the wait.  Seriously?  Poor Atticus was just about beside himself by this point.  It's bad enough he had to get shots but to make him sit in anticipation for an hour was just bloody ridiculous.

I was just about ready to tell them forget it, we were leaving when a different nurse called us back.  From the time they called us to the room until we were back in the car?  8 minutes.  No joke.

What a crock.

The only upside is that Atticus was already slightly worn out from the random fever a couple days ago, and now with the four shots today -- both kids are actually napping at the same time.

I've cleared out a bunch of crap from under my sink and under the kids sink.  I'm about to go take some more pictures of stuff to post on Craigslist.  We've only got a week and a half and I'd love to get some more stuff sold!!!


No comments: